Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Manuscripts should conform to the conventions of format and style exemplified in a typical issue of Silliman Journal. Whenever possible, citations should appear in the body of the paper, holding footnotes to a minimum. Documentation of sources should be discipline-based.
- Tables, illustrations, pictures and figures will be accepted only when absolutely necessary. Tables must not exceed five in number. Colored pictures and illustrations may be included at the printing expense of the author(s).
- All submitted manuscripts must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 200 words, and keywords of not more than 10 words.
- All submitted manuscripts must use gender fair-language.
- All articles must have been edited before submission.
- All submitted manuscripts should not exceed 10,000 words in length, excluding references, tables, and figures.
- All articles submitted will be peer reviewed, so do not write your name/s in the manuscript. Any submission must, however, have a separate cover letter that identifies the author/s and their intent to publish in the journal and certifies that the submission has not been previously published.
ArticlesSection default policy